Easy Freezy

Recently, I was invited to be a part of a freezer meal exchange group.  I jumped at the chance to get together each month with friends and talk about recipes.  What I didn't realize, is how challenging it would be to make 7 meals that serve 7 people (yep that's right: 49 servings!) without breaking the bank.  I priced out several different recipes at Costco, and finally landed on a winner: Poppy Seed Ham & Cheese Melts.

I just have to say, the convenience factor of this recipe, makes having a few of these in the freezer a great idea.  We have some nights where we are running out the door and need a quick and easy dinner option.  With this sandwich, you can take as many as you need out of the freezer and place them directly in the oven.  Once they are warm and the cheese is melted you are good to go! 

Click here for a printable recipe.

Price Breakdown:
  • 48 whole wheat hamburger buns $9.57
  • 55 slices of cheddar cheese $10.27
  • 100 slices of ham $11.77
  • poppy seeds $3.98
    • Total = $35.59
In other words, it was about .74 cents per sandwich!

Most importantly, this recipe has been "Num-Num" approved by my fiercest critic!


0 comments:

Post a Comment